Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 10/06/2020
Unesco, Internship - Sector for Culture
7, Place de Fontenoy, Paris, Francia
Legale/Affari internazionali, Ecologia e ambiente, Educazione e Formazione
L'offerta scade il 31/07/2020
UNESCO is convinced that no development can be sustainable without a strong culture component. Indeed, only a human-centred approach to development based on mutual respect and open dialogue among cultures can lead to lasting, inclusive and equitable results. Yet until recently, culture has been missing from the development equation.
To ensure that culture takes it rightful place in development strategies and processes, UNESCO has adopted a three-pronged approach. It spearheads worldwide advocacy for culture and development, while engaging with the international community to set clear policies and legal frameworks and working on the ground to support governments and local stakeholders to safeguard heritage, strengthen creative industries and encourage cultural pluralism.
UNESCO renowned cultural conventions provide a unique global platform for international cooperation and establish a holistic cultural governance system based on human rights and shared values. These international treaties endeavour to protect and safeguard the world’s cultural and natural heritage including ancient archaeological sites, intangible and underwater heritage, museum collections, oral traditions and other forms of heritage, and to support creativity, innovation and the emergence of dynamic cultural sectors.
- The Intern will have the opportunity to learn and support the over-all work of the sector / programme’s mission.
- The intern will be selected according to their specialization and needs of the sector.
- Activities will vary depending on the requirements of the assignments.
- Specific Terms of Reference and learning objectives will form part of the contract.
- Completed university studies (bachelor's degree or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment.
- Enrolled in a graduate programme (second university degree or Master's degree or equivalent, or higher), at the time of application. OR
- Have graduated with a university degree (first or second degree as defined above), and must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply.
- Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French. A working knowledge of the other language (English or French) is an asset, and may be required for internships in secretarial and assistantship assignments at the headquarters.
- Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
- Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.