Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 22/06/2020
European Medicines Agency, Trainee Translational Sciences (Greener Drugs)
EMA - European Medicines Agency
Domenico Scarlattilaan 6, Amsterdam, Paesi Bassi
10 mesi. Inizio: 1 ottobre 2020
1.360 euro mensili
Benefit: contributo alle spese di viaggio
L'offerta scade il 15/07/2020
The trainee will take part in the EU-funded IMI-PREMIER project, in which EMA is consortium partner. There are around 1900 active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) in use, yet the environmental risks of only a small proportion of these have been assessed. PREMIER will deliver a novel assessment system for characterising the environmental risks of APIs. The trainee will identify APIs to be added to an overarching inventory, with their environmental risks. The initial focus will be on centrally approved products. In consultation with consortium partners this could be extended to a limited set of nationally approved products. The trainee will help develop criteria for prioritisation of environmental risk assessment. The traineeship will help deliver:
- an inventory of APIs on the European market together with important ecotoxicity, physico/chemical and consumption data;
- a list of approximately 10 APIs selected for Mode of Action-driven testing in the PREMIER project. These APIs will be selected based on environmental exposure and a lack of ecotoxicity data on their specific Mode of Action.
- a study report with a description of the decision tree(s), the prioritisation results, the criteria used for API selection and the final results;
- a peer reviewed publication.
To be eligible for consideration for this placement, you are required to:
- enjoy full rights as a citizen of a European Union Member State or Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway;
- possess a university degree in pharmacy/pharmacology/biology/toxicology/chemistry (minimum of three years or more) that must have been obtained within the last 12 months (July 2019 -July 2020) or be a university student on an Erasmus + or a similar programme or a PhD student.
- a thorough knowledge of English (at least level C1) and good knowledge of other official EU language (at least B2) of the Common European Framework for Languages
For criteria 1 and 2, you will be required to provide proof in the application form and at the interview stage. Failing to present these documents may result in the disqualification from the procedure.
In addition to the eligibility criteria good report writing skills in English and familiarity with Excel are considered an advantage.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.