Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 23/06/2020
United Nations Office at Geneva, Intern - Political Affairs
UNOG - United Nations Office at Geneva
Palais des Nations, 1211 , Geneva, Svizzera
L'offerta scade il 18/07/2020
- Assist staff in research for and drafting of speeches;
- Monitor and carry out research on topical issues in international affairs and to prepare background papers and analysis for the Section;
- Monitor and carry out research on developments within the United Nations funds, programmes and specialized agencies and other international organizations, in particular the Geneva-based entities, and to prepare background notes for the attention of the Chief of Section; upon request, to attend meetings of United Nations entities; to prepare summaries and analysis of the discussions;
- Monitor and carry out research on academic and research institutions, think tanks and foundations and prepare background notes for the attention of the Chief of Section; upon request, to attend meetings and prepare summaries;
- Research, draft and update country profiles and other background in preparation for the presentation of credentials to the Director-General or other meetings with high-level dignitaries;
- Participate in the planning and organization of seminars, workshops and other events with external partners, including, inter alia, undertaking background research; identifying speakers and invitees; preparing invitations; liaising with speakers; responding to queries and providing relevant information to invitees; and assisting in the general administration of the individual event;
- Draft and prepare routine correspondence for the Section;
- Assist in the administration of the institutional memory of the Section, including updating databases of country profiles and other material, as necessary;
- Carries out any other ad hoc tasks, as may be required by the Chief of Section and /or the Professional Officers in the Section.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent);
Interested candidates must be pursuing or pursued their degree in areas related to this Job Opening.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this position, ability to speak, read and draft in English or French is required. Knowledge of the other language would be an advantage.
In addition, interested candidates must:
- Be computer literate in standard software applications including MS Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and,
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Conceptual skills and ability to conduct independent research, identify issues and summarize diverse information.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations. Good understanding of the UN's mission and organizational setup.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.