Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 23/06/2020
European Medicines Agency, Trainee (Digital Business Transformation & Data Analytics and Methods Task Forces)
EMA - European Medicines Agency
Domenico Scarlattilaan 6, Amsterdam, Paesi Bassi
Informatica/ICT, Statistica/Data analysis
10 mesi. Inizio: 1 ottobre 2020
1.360 euro mensili
Benefit: contributo alle spese di viaggio
L'offerta scade il 15/07/2020
During your traineeship, you will, using natural language processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML), create a pilot for a software to review medical literature abstracts and articles and classify them against pre-determined classification criteria. The applicant will also write a chapter in the data literacy curriculum to document and share the knowledge and experience gained with the other EMA colleagues and the EU Network.
Additionally, the software should automatically download the data needed:
- receive the outputs of searches in two different medical literature databases,
- store and format the results,
- identify and manage duplicate results received, and
- download articles, if available.
To be eligible for consideration for this placement, you are required to:
- enjoy full rights as a citizen of a European Union Member State or Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway;
- possess a university degree in mathematics/statistics/computer science/data science/artificial intelligence (minimum of three years or more) that must have been obtained within the last 12 months (July 2019 -July 2020) or be a university student on an Erasmus + or a similar programme or a PhD student.
- a thorough knowledge of English (at least level C1) and good knowledge of other official EU language (at least B2) of the Common European Framework for Languages
For criteria 1 and 2, you will be required to provide proof in the application form and at the interview stage. Failing to present these documents may result in the disqualification from the procedure.
In addition to the eligibility criteria, you will have:
- Understanding of statistical analysis and experimental design
- Numeracy, organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the “why” of various results
- Analytical rigor and ability to identify actionable insights
- Knowledge in statistics software and programming languages such R, python, SQL and SAS
- Advanced data management and analysis skills and knowledge
- Experience in building AI/ML/NLP models and solutions for decision-making and/or process automation
- Experience in understanding, cleansing and analysing large datasets
- Experience in working with healthcare data would be an additional advantage
- Excellent English
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.