Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 16/07/2020
Roche, RiSE - Roche internship for Scientific Exchange - Statistical Modelling applied to Systems Neuroscience
Grenzacherstrasse 124, Basel, Svizzera
Informatica/ICT, Biologia/Chimica/Farmaceutica, Statistica/Data analysis
9 mesi. Inizio settembre 2020.
- Working with a team of biologists, data scientists and biostatisticians to interrogate existing multivariate, longitudinal data sets obtained from in vivo studies.
- Implementation of Bayesian hierarchical models to allow inference on disease trajectories from different animal models used to study major brain disorders.
- Develop a user-friendly, web-based visualization of modeling results to enable effective feedback and decision making by lab scientists
- Regular discussion with your mentor and network to advance the project
- Summarizing your findings for presentation to peers and the broader research community, potentially in a publication.
- Enrolled in a PhD or medical degree program at a university, with a focus on advanced statistics, computation or physics, and are looking to expand your experience with an industry internship (must still be enrolled at university for 50% of the duration of the stay at Roche).
- Demonstrated experience of Bayesian hierarchical modelling, preferably with Python based on the PyMC3 package, or equivalent.
- Highly collaborative mindset; comfortable working in a team setting and in a multifunctional and multicultural environment.
- An effective communicator with those outside of his/her own discipline.
- A self-motivated and curious problem solver, with demonstrated planning abilities.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.