Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 22/07/2020
United Nations Office for Project Services, Intern - Platform on Disaster Displacement
UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
Chemin des Anémones 13, Vernier, Geneva, Svizzera
Legale/Affari internazionali, Solidarietà/Diritti umani
L'offerta scade il 23/08/2020
- Assist the Policy Officer with relevant disaster displacement research, analysis and policy review.
- Assist with the collection and documentation of examples of effective practices in addressing to cross-border disaster-displacement and effective practices on managing disaster displacement risks in
- countries of origin.
- Assist in mapping of areas and regions most at risk of disaster displacement, including those regions
- vulnerable to slow-onset events associated with the adverse effects of climate change.
- Assist the Communication Officer to develop content material for the website and social media.
- Support dissemination of the Nansen Initiative Protection Agenda,
- Assist with the preparation of, and reporting from, meetings organized by the Secretariat of the
- Platform on Disaster Displacement (e.g. Steering Group meetings, meetings of the Advisory Committee,
- side events etc.).
- Assist with the collection and documentation of examples of effective practices in addressing to cross-border disaster-displacement and effective practices on managing disaster displacement risks in countries of origin.
- Perform other research and administrative tasks as required
Candidates should be enrolled in a university programme such as Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D. (or the equivalent) in law, humanitarian affairs, international relations, or another related field, ideally with a specialization in international human rights law and/or the protection of displaced persons or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship.
At least 1 year of professional experience in government, diplomatic, non-governmental or international civil service with experience in the field of law, human rights, and/or protection of displaced persons is preferred.
Fluent oral and written English is required. A working knowledge of French is desired.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.