Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 30/07/2020
IAS - International AIDS Society, JIAS Intern
IAS - International AIDS Society
Avenue de France 23, Genève, Svizzera
Comunicazione/Marketing, Sanitaria/medicale, Biologia/Chimica/Farmaceutica, Giornalismo/Editoria/Scienze documentarie
6 mesi (dal 7 settembre)
2.000 CHF mensili lordi
L'offerta scade il 17/08/2020
The JIAS intern will assist in the overall mission of the journal to provide a platform for HIV researchers, including less-experienced authors and those from low- and middle-income countries, to disseminate their research findings. In particular, the intern will get the opportunity to support the coordination of special issues focusing on Global Mental Health and HIV Prevention and Care and Addressing the Increasing Role of Marginalized and Vulnerable Populations at High-Risk for HIV in Reaching and Sustaining Epidemic Control in Sub-Saharan Africa. The intern will also learn about academic publication, peer-review processes, and how to address ethical issues in scientific writing. Main Responsibilities:
- Supporting the editorial workflow, for example by helping to coordinate and expedite the online peer review process
- Providing administrative, logistic and clerical support as needed, for example by maintaining the journals electronic file system and database
- Supporting the coordination of special issues by maintaining timelines and helping facilitate agreements with external partners
- Promoting the journal using social media and other communication channels.
- Currently studying or recently graduated in a scientific discipline is required.
- One year of general office/work experience would be advantageous
- Experiences in scientific or academic writing are desired
- Experience in desk literature research is desired
- Professional experience in editorial work and publishing would be advantageous
- Understanding of current issues in HIV science and policy would be advantageous.
- Skills/Competencies: Meticulous attention to detail/Excellent writing and editing skills/Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to track multiple projects or activities and work effectively to external and internal deadlines/Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment /Excellent computer skills in the Windows environment (particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)/Proficiency in searching and extracting information from scientific literature databases (e.g. PubMed) a plus.
- Excellent command of written and oral English.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.