Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 21/07/2021 European Commission - Joint Research Centre, Trainee Corrosion and in-environment mechanical material testing
European Commission JRC - Joint Research Centre
Westerduinweg 3, Petten, Paesi Bassi
L'offerta scade il 30/09/2021
Environmentally Assisted Degradation such as stress-corrosion cracking (SCC), liquid metal embrittlement (LME), and general corrosion of structural materials are key life-limiting and safety-related factors for nuclear components. In the frame of the current activities of the Unit, corrosion and mechanical properties are investigated through dedicated research in the JRC Euratom facilities AMALIA (in water environment), SMPA (reference tests in air), and LILLA (in lead environment), belonging to the Environmental and Mechanical Materials Assessment (EMMA) infrastructure.
The trainee’s activities will encompass:
- (i) set-up and calibration of test sections that will be used for LME, SCC, corrosion, and reference mechanical tests;
- (ii) execution of experiments;
- (iii) data evaluation; and
- (iv) reporting and presentation of the results.
- The candidate should be of type 1 or 2 (as stipulated in the Rules governing the Traineeship Scheme).
- University degree in the fields of material science, physics, nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering or chemistry.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English is required (minimum of B2 level).
- In addition, excellent work ethics, team-working as well as good communication skills are essential.
- Prior experimental experience and knowledge of corrosion phenomenology and mechanical properties of steels & alloys are assets.
- For general eligibility requirements, please read the rules governing the traineeship scheme of the JRC.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs. By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.