Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 15/09/2021 United Nations Information and Communications Technologies Facility, Intern - Information Systems & Communication Technology
UNICTF- United Nations Information and Communications Technologies Facility
Avenida Comarques del País Valencia, 2, Valencia, Spagna
Engineering, Ecologia e ambiente
L'offerta scade il 09/10/2021
- Support in adding the 3D visualization functionality to the Unite Maps suite of applications;
- Assist in the production of Unite Maps style guide and maintainance of the logo and symbology library;
- Assist in the designing and creation of topographic and thematic maps in accordance with mapping standards and cartographic workflows;
- Assist in the production of briefing and operational maps in different scales (Small, medium and large) from standard geospatial databases in paper, pdf and web mapping formats;
- Assist in the designing and production of image, thematic, urban base maps, analytics, infographics, and posters;
- Participate in the development of standard mapping templates including symbology, labels, annotation and marginal information for paper, PDF and web mapping formats;
- Assit in the enhancement of mapping layouts and templates.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor's level or equivalent)
- The field of study must be closely related to the type of internship you are applying for: Geospatial studies in Geography, Digital Cartography, Environmental Engineering or other related studies that involve substantial usage of geographic information systems and cartography components.
- Technological Awareness: In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in geographic information systems, geo-data modelling, and designing of geo databases. Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or similar.
- Be proficient in standard office automation (equipment, scanner, printer, etc.).
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required; knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs. By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.