Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 26/05/2023 IAEA, Internship Deuterium and tritium water analyses
IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency
Wagramer Str. 5, Wien, Austria
Chimica/Farmaceutica, Scienze naturali, Ambiente, salute e sicurezza
L'offerta scade il 06/06/2023
The main purpose of the internship is supporting the Isotope Hydrology Laboratory with tritium and deuterium analyses in water samples.
Under supervision of the Laboratory Head and the direct guidance of Laboratory Staff, the Intern carries out the key tasks related to the analyses of tritium and deuterium in water samples:
- Assist with sample preparation for the analysis of 3H via electrolytic enrichment and Liquid Scintillation Spectrometry.
- Assist with sample preparation and analysis of 2H via Laser Absorption Spectroscopy on environmental and highly enriched water samples.
- Assists with further development of the analytical method for 3H enrichment factor estimation via 2H enrichment for water electrolysis.
- University degree in environmental sciences, hydrogeology, hydrology, chemistry, or related field.
- Solid knowledge in the use of analytical equipment in a laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of Hydrology, Electrochemistry and Ground Water Hydrology.
- Expertise in isotope measurements in water samples.
- Experience in the application of isotope techniques for water resources management an asset.
- Solid knowledge of standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team, with respect for and sensitivity to a multi-cultural environment.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree.
- Good written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish or Russian) an asset.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs. By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.