Under the supporting supervision of the Communications Specialist of the City Resilience Profiling Programme, the intern will:
- Assist in the development of the social media strategy of the Programme.
- Assist in gathering content from experts, specialists and consultants (external and internal) to cerate content for the SM and website.
- Research on global events related to Urban Resilience.
- Support the maintenance of the website of the Programme.
- Provide logistical support to upcoming events of the Programme.
- Undertake any other tasks for the Programme, which are in line with the experience of the intern.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
b. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent).
c. Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred Areas of Studies:
Journalism, Graphic Design, Multimedia Arts and Communications, Communication Sciences, or another field deemed relevant to the subject areas covered by the Programme for the purpose of this internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge Spanish Language is desirable.