Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 23/04/2019
Covestro, Intern in Process modeling and optimization
Kaiser-Wilhelm-Allee 60, Leverkusen, Germania
From our technology center located in Leverkusen, we support our worldwide production facilities in the production of isocyanates. Our daily tools include process simulations of varying complexity. You will be involved in the continuous development of our simulation skills during your internship. You will have the opportunity to support us with your knowledge, and we will offer you insights into the multifaceted challenges of simulating real large-scale plants.
• Support project activities in the field of isocyanates, polyether, polyurethanes and intermediates.
• Your tasks and responsibilities include the process simulation of our production plants, model-based process optimization and analysis.
• Additionally, you will be performing maintenance and updating of existing models.
• The tasks will include the use of different tools and process simulators.
• You will have the opportunity to work on your own subprojects and to discuss your results with the respective experts from our interdisciplinary team.
- You are a registered student (m/w/d) at a university in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program.
- First experiences with process simulation through your studies, e.g.: Process engineering, chemical engineering, environmental engineering, etc. are mandatory
- Moreover, you have relevant expertise in process engineering, e.g.: in process development, unit operations, simulation technology, etc. and some experience with process simulators such as Aspen Plus, Aspen Custom Modeller, Pro/II or SimCentral and you want to expand it further.
- A good thermodynamic basis is considered a plus.
- In addition, you are able to work independently, solution oriented, with good analytical skills.
- Finally, you are eager to learn, committed and motivated.
- Solid command of English, both written and spoken, are required.