A career within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.
As an Intern, you will:
• Assist our clients with the set up and monitoring of Solvency II: diagnosis, quantitative research and risk management;
• Analyse the regulatory and accounting requirements (IFRS) which can be applied to the insurance sector;
• Take part in actuarial provisioning reviews;
• Support the M&A teams for transactions relating to insurance or pension engagements, in accordance with the local and international standards;
• Be involved in assignments relating to companies’ resettlement/creation (insurance, reinsurance, pension funds): feasibility analysis, restructuring of capital ownership and portfolio transfer.
• You hold a university degree (or will be graduated) with a specialization in actuarial science, mathematics, or quantitative finance
• You are pragmatic, dynamic, rigorous, methodical and precise
• You are fluent in English, French and any other languages is an asset
• You are intellectually curious and open to other activities in the field of insurance.