Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 04/06/2019
UN Office of Legal Affairs, Intern - Legal Affairs
Office of Legal Affairs
Vienna International Centre, Wien, Austria
2-6 mesi (partenza fra il 5 agosto e il 31 marzo 2020)
L'offerta scade il 30/06/2019
The objective of the internship is on the one hand to assist the officers of ITLD in fulfilling the mandate of UNCITRAL and on the other hand to provide practical training to the intern. During the internship, the intern will gain experience in international trade law. Specific assignments during the internship include:
- Assisting with the research and preparation of comparative legal studies;
- Assisting with the preparation and drafting of legal texts (e.g. draft conventions and model laws), including conducting related background studies;
- Undertaking ad hoc legal and administrative assignments as requested.
Technical Assistance and Coordination Section:
- Contributing to the identification of legislative reform needs and assistance requirements in selected countries and/or sectors;
- Assisting with the collection and analysis of case law on UNCITRAL texts;
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the UNCITRAL website;
- Assisting with the coordination functions of the Division.
Applicants for an internship must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
(c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation (OFFICIAL MATRICULATION PROOF IN SUPPORT OF ONE OF THE ABOVE OPTIONS HAS TO BE ATTACHED TO THE INSPIRA APPLICATION). The fields of study for this JO are as follows: commercial law, international trade law or private international law.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications; strong communications skills and social media experience are an advantage;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and of the UN International Trade Law Commission (UNCITRAL), and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in either English OR French, i.e., oral and written proficiency, is required for the internship. Knowledge of both working languages or of an additional official United Nations language (Arabic, Chinese, Spanish or Russian) is an advantage.