Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 08/07/2019
WHO, Internship - Office at the EU
WHO Representation to the EU
Place Victor Horta 40/10, Brussels, Belgio
3 - 6 mesi
L'offerta scade il 30/07/2019
- Assists the supervisor(s) in drafting correspondence and documents based on written/verbal prompts from the Professional staff of the unit, in line with the WHO style guide and verifies for correctness. Composes and finalizes correspondence of administrative nature. Provides rough translation or synopsis of incoming mail. Takes notes at meetings. Takes and transcribes from dictation, recordings, and handwritten drafts, correcting as appropriate. Types reports and other documentation.
- Assists with the administrative preparation and conduct of meetings and educational activities, in accordance with established procedures.
- Makes travel arrangements for duty travels and, in accordance with established procedures, prepares approval memoranda, travel authorizations and follows up on issue of duty travel reports.
- Provides administrative support as required by the supervisor(s), such as formatting a variety of documents and filing upon instruction.
- Initiates action to process or follow up on correspondence, documentation, and forms. Creates background files and compiles reference material as appropriate. Accesses and retrieves information from relevant databases and updates as required.
- Responds to and acts on telephone inquiries and requests for information. Assesses the critical nature of technical inquiries and refers them to appropriate staff for a reply. Sets up and coordinates appointments for supervisor places telephone calls upon request, receives visitors to the office and organizes a relevant programme for visitors upon instructions.
- Ensures registration of the supervisor(s) in any events of their interest and follows up on any contacts made. Prepares relevant briefing files upon instruction.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Currently enrolled as a student in a relevant course of study (office management, communication management, administration, …) leading to a formal qualification, or have finished such study less than 6 months before the appointment date. (necessity)
- Other knowledge relevant to the required duties (evening classes in computing, extra languages, etc.) will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the European institutions and their functioning is desirable;
- An interest in issues related to health, consumer and social policies in Europe (optional)
- An excellent command of English, in speech and writing, as well as at least another official UN and/or EU language (necessity)
- The ability to write clearly and succinctly in English
- A desire to work in a dynamic and international environment
- Excellent working knowledge of basic Office applications and powerful skills in online research