Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 09/07/2019
IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency, Internship SGIS - Operations Automation
IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency
Wagramer Str. 5, Wien, Austria
L'offerta scade il 30/07/2019
Currently, the Department receives numerous threat intelligence feeds and works with external organizations to receive indicators of potential compromise. The intern will be briefed on the data sources and the existing platforms for managing events. The intern will research and propose methods for automatically ingesting the indicators of compromise into appropriate tools, and automatically preventing or detecting adverse conditions. The intern will then implement use cases as defined by the Hiring Manager/Tutor. The intern will also look for opportunities to correlate events from numerous sources to trigger alerts and should participate in internal workshops to refine event collection and define further sources and automation opportunities. The intern will also conduct a proof of concept and feasibility study for a collaborative security event management platform and provide scripts and utilities to automate workflows related to event management within those platforms.
Under the guidance of the Team Lead and in collaboration with Systems Security Engineers, the intern will perform or support one or more of the following tasks:
- Create ad hoc reports based on on-line research, professional reports, subscription information sources, etc.;
- Develop extensible proof-of-concept tools and techniques to automate detection and protection using technologies best-suited for the task and document all aspects of the work;
- Provide support to the operation of defined processes and procedures (e.g., help prepare appropriate documentation, research publicly available sources in different languages, help prepare communication plans);
- Participate in on-going projects and activities of SGIS and the security team, as appropriate and as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferred field of studies: Computer Science or a related field.
- Ability to code in programming languages such as .NET or Java and the capability to write automation tools using Python or other scripting methods;
- Good analytical and organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Able to work independently and as a team member in a multicultural environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Discretion and Respect for Confidentiality
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA's internship programme.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential.
- Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.