Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 10/07/2019
Tesla, Electrical Engineering Internship
Asteriastraat 1-7, Tilburg, Paesi Bassi
The internship assignment
The Remanufacturing department in Tilburg is responsible for rebuilding electrical powertrain components (High Voltage Batteries and Drive Units) to the original manufacturing specifications. In order to do so extensive tests are conducted throughout the rebuild process to verify the components are functioning according to specification. For the battery line, where High Voltage Batteries are rebuild, these testers are regarded as electrical machines and as such are subject to the European regulations regarding the use of machinery, also known as CE marking. The intern assignment will involve assessing the existing designs of such testers in order to determine the extent of conformity to EU standards and regulations with respect to technical aspects as well as required documentation.
Learning goals & Tasks
- Become acquainted with the requirements of the European regulations and standards regarding the various categories of electrical equipment and machines.
- Liaise with the design team in North America to gain understanding regarding the operation of the various testers in question.
- Assess the existing designs of various testers to determine the extent of conformity in accordance with said regulations and standards.
- Propose, investigate and evaluate potential design changes where needed for the machinery to achieve required conformity.
- Define an electrical documentation standard which is commensurate with European best practices to be used for all future machinery designs for the Remanufacturing department in Tilburg.
- Prepare the final electrical design documentation for the new Model 3 battery line test equipment in accordance with the defined documentation standard.
- Suitable candidates are currently enrolled in engineering courses in the disciplines of Mechatronic/Electrical Engineering. Candidates have to be enrolled in a university throughout the internship.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in E-Plan Electric and Fluid is a must.
- Proficiency in Altium Designer, AutoCAD Electrical and Solidworks is a plus.
- Desirable personality attributes include:
- Detail oriented
- Proactive and taking ownership of tasks
- Independent worker able to research potential solution without constant supervision
- Creative problem solver
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge within a team context