Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Budget Office (BO) at World Meteorological Organization, the incumbent will assist the Budget Office staff in performing the following functions:
1. Assume the overall responsibility of budget certification of requisitions and purchase orders and coordinate the budget certification process in collaboration with the Certifying Officers in REM, as well as with Approvers and Preparers of the user Departments and REM, in application of the principle of efficiency and effectiveness within the regulatory framework of WMO;
2. Prepare draft budget proposals and other documents for Congress, the Executive Council (EC) and the FINAC as appropriate; and service Congress, EC, FINAC, and meetings with Permanent Representatives of WMO Members and Permanent Missions on budgetary matters;
3. Develop and maintain Oracle reports (including WMO portal reports) to optimize the use of management information generated from the system for monitoring purposes;
4. Develop and implement Financial Regulations and Rules pertaining to budgetary maters, as well as budgetary procedures and standards stipulated in the Budget Manual, to ensure correct practices and adequate control;
5. Participate in United Nations system-wide activities and other external meetings pertaining to budgetary matters, and prepare reports and statements, as required, by various organizations of the United Nations system;
6. Carry out other relevant duties as required.
Applicants must at the time of application be enrolled in a graduate/undergraduate university degree in economics, accounting, financial management, economics or a related field.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the internship programme. Previous working experience in United Nation system organizations and/or in the field is an advantage.
The incumbent must aim at an ability to work in a multicultural environment. Sense of responsibility, detail-oriented, initiative, ability to work in a team. Knowledge of launching and convening event. Be computer literate in standard software applications. Excellent written and oral communication skills, in particular, drafting skills. Some knowledge of the activities of WMO or other United Nations system organizations. Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word.
English as a principal language essential. Good knowledge of French or another WMO official language would be an advantage.