Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 25/09/2019
International Telecommunication Union, Junior Cybersecurity Policy Intern
ITU - International Telecommunication Union
Place des Nations, Genève, Svizzera
Legale/Affari internazionali, Informatica/ICT
L'offerta scade il 16/10/2019
- Support research policy and technical issues related to the role of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in relation to global challenges, identifying key issues to be followed up by ITU. Based on the profile of the candidate issues to be included could cover issues such as cybersecurity, sustainability, digital inclusion or internet public policy issues, among others.
- Participate in the follow up discussions at the UN level in the areas covered by the research, supporting ITU participation at selected ITU and UN events linked to the areas covered in the research, for a, such as the cybersecurity and SDGs, among others.
- Assist in producing briefings, content and background reports supporting the development of ITU strategy and position on the issues covered in the research. The content produced may be featured in ITU official documents, communication channels, as well as in future ITU publications.
- Support data gathering on ICT networks, services and applications, as well as on the use of ICTs, organizing, processing and analyzing for ITU databases and websites.
- Support the organization of ITU events related to the issues covered in the research, engaging with external partners to coordinate content, speakers, follow up actions and logistics before, during and after each event.
- Support ITU delegation participating in meetings, workshops and conferences organized by external organizations. This activity includes liaising with external counterparts and supporting ITU delegation during meetings.
University degree in areas related to information and communication technologies including cybersecurity, as well as economy, international relations or international legislation studies. Other university degrees will be considered based on the areas of the research.
Good knowledge English and excellent knowledge of one of the UN languages (in particular Spanish) for conducting research and producing documents (drafting and editing). Advanced knowledge of English for editing document will be valued.
- Experience in conducting research and preparing publications will be valued. Examples of texts, as well as a written assignment, will be requested during the interview process.
- Advanced use of ICT tools and interest for the cybersecurity element will be valued during the selection process.