Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 25/11/2019
United Nations Institute for Training and Research, Pre-Deployment Training – Peacekeeping Training Programme (Traineeship)
UNITAR, United Nations Institute for Training and Research
Palais des Nations, Geneva, Svizzera
Legale/Affari internazionali, Educazione e Formazione, Solidarietà/Diritti umani
4-6 mesi. Inizio: 15 gennaio 2020
700 franchi svizzeri mensili
L'offerta scade il 15/12/2019
- Supporting the PTPU (Peacekeeping Training Programme Unit) staff with the development of training material for military pre-deployment training activities;
- Conducting thematic research and analysis on topics related to UN Peacekeeping Missions and ongoing conflicts in Africa and the MENA region;
- Supporting the coordination of logistical arrangements for military activities trainers;
- Supporting administrative preparation of military pre-deployment trainings;
- Supporting the coordination and production of training packages for pre-deployment military trainings;
- Supporting the production of communication materials;
- Assisting with the evaluation and reporting of delivered military pre-deployment trainings;
- Assisting with the delivery of events related to peacekeeping;
- Providing general assistance to PTPU by supporting the staff with the implementation of specific projects and other activities being carried out by the programme unit;
- Performing any other duty as requested by the supervisor.
- Be enrolled in or have completed a (post-)graduate degree programme related to Peace Studies / War Studies / Military Science / International Relations / Conflict Research and Resolution/ Political Science / Sociology / Middle East or African Studies (if selected must commence the traineeship within 2 years of graduation);
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English and French;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Excellent organizational and research skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Diligence and professional commitment;
- Ability to deliver within a tight time frame and to multitask;
- Interest in international relations, United Nations and sustainable development.
- Candidates must have an advanced knowledge of English and French.
- Good knowledge of the peacekeeping context;
- A military background;
- A background in Training/ Education;
- Previous experience (as a trainee or employee) in government organizations, think tanks, academia, or non-profit organizations;
- A good knowledge of Arabic will be considered as a strong asset.