Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 11/02/2020
Roche, Student Internship: Analysis of clinical neuroimaging and genetic data
Grenzacherstrasse 124, Basel, Svizzera
Informatica/ICT, Biologia/Chimica/Farmaceutica, Statistica/Data analysis
As an intern you will be working with scientists from Biomarkers and Translational Technologies (BTT) in Neuroscience and Rare Diseases (NRD) and Bioinformatics and Exploratory Data Analysis (BEDA) groups, both parts of Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). The focus of the internship is to landscape existing and implement novel approaches to link gene expression patterns to brain signals captured by imaging. This will allow us linking neuroimaging biomarkers, such as for psychiatric or neurodegenerative disorders, to genes and targets to pharmaceutical drugs.
- More specifically, your tasks will include:
- Getting familiar with basic concepts related to both data sources; neuroimaging data and gene expression data
- Landscaping existing tools for linking neuroimaging and genetic data
- Implementing a framework for an effective exploitation and identification of these links using existing tools, but also developing novel algorithms to fit the needs of the BTT and BEDA scientists
- Testing the framework on selected use cases from ongoing or finished clinical trials, including neuroimaging data related to a disease, but also statistical parametric maps related to treatment effects
- Establishing a framework where analyzed datasets can be shared across the Roche research community
You are a Master’s degree student with academic background in neuroimaging, bioinformatics, IT, mathematics, statistics or related field. You are a highly self-motivated, proactive person, interested in working in a multinational company.
- In addition you bring:
- Previous experience in neuroimaging (MRI, PET), or omics data analysis would be beneficial
- Basic knowledge of neurobiology and neuropharmacology would also be an asset
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.