Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 11/02/2020
EUROCITIES - Work experience placement, Social affairs
Square de Meeûs 1, Brussels, Belgio
Legale/Affari internazionali, Solidarietà/Diritti umani
6 mesi (da fine marzo)
Benefit: Rimborso trasporti e mensa + altri
L'offerta scade il 29/02/2020
The successful candidate will support EUROCITIES policy advisors in the social affairs team, whose work covers wide EU and urban policy topics such as fighting poverty and social exclusion, inclusive employment, migration and integration, refugees, housing and homelessness, active ageing and education. The work also covers broad EU agendas such as the European Pillar of Social Rights, the Urban Agenda for the EU, European Semester and the European Social Fund+, among others. Tasks include:
- monitoring policy initiatives and developments on the EU level, especially those initiatives under the European Pillar of Social Rights
- preparing policy updates and briefing notes for member cities
- drafting articles for website and newsletters
- attending and reporting on EU level events, especially at DG Employment
- participating and shadowing advocacy & networking activities of the social affairs team
- support with research and gathering good practice examples on policy and projects in the cities in areas ranging from employment, education, to social services and housing
- supporting the coordination of the work deliverables in the Working Groups on employment, homelessness and housing
- supporting the team members in developing policy statements and reports
- administrative tasks related to organising meetings and events such as the biannual social affairs forum meeting and working group meetings.
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- knowledge of the EU institutions and the policy-making processes
- knowledge of EU social and employment policy
- interest in social policy issues
- interest in urban affairs and/or the work of local authorities
- excellent English
- good social and organisational skills, such as proactivity, teamwork and time management.
- experience related to the work of local authorities an asset
- experience with social policy or projects at EU or local level an asset
- experience with urban research on social policy topics an asset.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.