Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 25/05/2023 UNEP, Intern Environment Affairs
UNEP - United Nations Environment Programme
Chemin des Anémones 15, Geneva, Svizzera
Economia e finanza, Chimica/Farmaceutica, Scienze naturali, Ambiente, salute e sicurezza
L'offerta scade il 06/06/2023
Under the supervision, guidance and mentoring of the Programme Management Officers of the SAICM (Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management) Secretariat, the three (3) interns will work with the SAICM Secretariat. More specifically, interns will support the following tasks:
- Preparation of background, meeting documents, and other necessary input and follow-up for ICCM5, its High-Level Segment, and associated back-to-back meetings i.e. SAICM Regional Meetings and the fourth meeting of the intersessional process considering the Strategic Approach and sound management of chemicals and waste beyond 2020;
- Provision of general support on key policy issues and on an integrated chemicals and waste management to the SAICM Secretariat in particular as a follow up to the IP4 process; and
- Preparatory and logistic work for hosting the ICCM5, its High-level segment and relevant back-to-back meetings.
Specific responsibilities will depend on the individual's background as well as the internship period.
Internships will be undertaken remotely.
- Applicant must meet one of the following requirements:
- (a) be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- (b) be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent).
- Topics: environmental sciences, chemistry, environment, management, economics, communications or international relations.
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of web based platforms and relevant software e.g. word processing, PowerPoint, excel, internal databases, Internet etc. Preference may be given to Masters candidates.
- English is one of the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English is required for the Internship Programme. Knowledge of one of the following UN language is an advantage (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs. By clicking on the green button “VAI ALL’OFFERTA” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.