Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 28/10/2019
SES, Internship - Development of analytical models for captive insurance
Rue Pierre Werner , Betzdorf, Lussemburgo
6 mesi. Inizio: gennaio 2020
Based in Betzdorf (Luxembourg), you will contribute to the development of advanced probabilistic models allowing to precisely quantify the risk borne by SES’ captive insurance and reinsurance companies under various reinsurance / retrocession scenarios. Our captive companies are covering all satellite launch and in-orbit risks of the group and the models shall allow to determine optimum risk transfer / retention strategies for those risks.
- Update or develop statistical models of launch vehicle and satellite in-orbit reliability
- Develop stochastic models allowing to determine the probability distribution of aggregate satellite losses over a given time period under given risk transfer scenarios
- Suggest and model alternative risk transfer / retention schemes allowing to meet the group’s risk appetite as well as budgetary requirements
- Determine technical premium levels to be charged by the Captive insurance company to the group’s satellite-owning entities in compliance with Transfer Pricing principles
- Being an advanced Master’s student in applied mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or in a relevant technical area;
- Strong interest in the media/telecommunication business and technical interest in satellites
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills, experience with stochastic modelling and decision theory
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines;
- Computer literate (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access);
- Experience with @risk or similar software is considered an asset
- Work independently as well as in a team;
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset.
- EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.