Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 21/01/2020
Swiss Re, Intern Geo Solutions
Mythenquai 50/60, Zurich, Svizzera
6 mesi (da marzo)
Do you love being challenged and to develop methods to spatially visualize datasets? Do you like to find sensible solutions to complex problems which are still pragmatic? Are you excited by the prospect of applying state of the art geo spatial technologies to generate tangible commercial value? Are you an ambitious person who strives to develop personally and professionally? If yes, we would love to get to know you. In the role as Intern Geo Solutions you will:
- contribute to projects of global reach within Swiss Re Institute and across all Swiss Re businesses by collaborating closely with other team members and across different departments
- improve the sourcing and quality of geo related datasets, online services, and processing methods, conduct uncertainty analysis due to displacement which are the fundaments for Swiss Re.
- You hold a University degree or equivalent in Natural Sciences, Geoinformatics, GIS or Remote Sensing Engineering
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Experience with GIS software, remote sensing tools as well as geo-databases
- Programming experience in a modern programming language is a plus
- You love working independently
- Ability to express yourself clearly in one-on-one conversations and when talking in front of groups
- You naturally bring individuals together as needed, across countries and functions
- You navigate ambiguity in a changing environment with ease. You have the strength of character to stick to key principles and maintain integrity in challenging moments
- Excellent oral and written English.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.